or Nebo. One of the divinities of the Assyrians,
supposed to be the moon. (See Isa. xlvi. 1.) Many of the kings
of Babylon assumed the name.
is Nabo-n-assar, Asshur or Assyria. Nabochadanasor is
Nabo-chadon (or adon)-[n]. assur, i.e. Nabo-king-of-Asshur
or Assyria. Nabopolassar is Nabo-[son of] pul-Assyrian.
is Nebo-chad (or adon i.e. Nabo or Nebo-king-of-Asshur.
Belchazzar is Baal-ch'-azzar, i.e. Baal-chadon-n-assar, or
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nabo from Infoplease:
- Nabo - Nabo or Nebo. One of the divinities of the Assyrians, supposed to be the moon. (See Isa. xlvi. 1.) ...
- Nebuchadnezzar - Nebuchadnezzar A correspondent of Notes and Queries (July 21, 1877) says that the compound Russian ...
- Junior Middleweights (154 lbs) - Junior Middleweights (154 lbs) (Super Welterweights) Date Winner Loser Result Title Site Oct. 3 ...
- Featherweights (126 lbs) - Featherweights (126 lbs) Date Winner Loser Result Title Site Oct. 11 Paul Ingle Johnjo Irwin KO 9 ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: N - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "N"