Father of musicians. Jubal, “the father of all such as handle
the harp and organ” (Gen. iv. 21).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Musicians from Infoplease:
- musician: meaning and definitions - musician: Definition and Pronunciation
- Black Musicians - Notable African-American Musicians Bessie Smith Aaliyah, singer and actress Julian ...
- Musician - Musician What is this job like? Musicians and singers compose, sing, and play music. They perform ...
- Black Musicians - The following list includes African-American singers, composers, rappers, pianists, and other musicians who have contributed to the world of music, including Count Basie, Akon, Natalie Cole, Missy Elliot, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, and more.
- Women in Entertainment | Musicians and Dancers - From Broadway to the airwaves, great female performers