One of the giant race, who had a son and daughter of such
surpassing beauty that their father called them Mani and Sol (moon and sun). (Scandinavian mythology.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mundilfori from Infoplease:
- Mundilfori - Mundilfori One of the giant race, who had a son and daughter of such surpassing beauty that their ...
- Mani - Mani The son of Mundilfori; taken to heaven by the gods to drive the mooncar. He is followed by a ...
- Sol - Sol (Latin). The sun. “And when Dan Sol to slope his wheels began.” Thomson: Castle of ...
- Moon - Moon means “measurer” of time (Anglo-Saxon, móna, masc. gen.). It is masculine ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: M - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "M"