(2 syl.). A fay to whose charge Zephyr committed young
Passelyon and his eousin Bennucq. Passelyon fell in love with Morgane's
daughter, and the adventures of these young lovers are related in the
romance of Pereeforest, vol. iii. (See Morgan.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Morgane from Infoplease:
- Morgan horse - Morgan horse Morgan horse, breed of American light horse descended from a single ...
- De Morgan: meaning and definitions - De Morgan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Morgan: meaning and definitions - Morgan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Justin Morgan - Justin Morgan Justin Morgan, 1792–1821, American horse, the foundation sire of the Justin ...
- John Morgan - Morgan, John Morgan, John, 1735–89, American physician, b. Philadelphia, grad. College of ...