(The Cave of). Close to the castle of Rochafrida, to which a
knight of the same name, who had received some cause of offence at the
French court, retired. Tradition ascribes the river Guadiana to this
cave as its source, whence the river is sometimes called Montesinos.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Montesinos from Infoplease:
- Montesinos - Montesinos (The Cave of). Close to the castle of Rochafrida, to which a knight of the same name, ...
- Vladimiro Montesinos, - Vladimiro Montesinos, former spy chief of Peru, was captured in Venezuela in June after spending ...
- Barrio Brawler - Starring Marco Antonio Alvarez, Dennis Ruel, Morgan Benoit
- Alberto Fujimori - Fujimori, Alberto Fujimori, Alberto , 1938–, president of Peru (1990–2000), b. Lima, ...
- Durandarte - Durandarte A knight who fell at Roncesvalles, cousin to Montesinos. The tale says he loved Belerma, ...