in chiromancy, is the technical word for the eminences at the
roots of the fingers. That at the root of the
thumb is the Mont de Mars.
index finger is the Mont de Jupiter.
long finger is the Mont de Saturne.
ring finger is the Mont de Soleil.
little finger is the Mont de Venus.
There are two others: one between the thumb and index finger, called
the Mont de Mercure, and one opposite called the Mont de Lune. (See Finger.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mont from Infoplease:
- Ismael Montes - Montes, Ismael Montes, Ismael , 1861–1933, Bolivian statesman, president of Bolivia ...
- Mont.: meaning and definitions - Mont.: Definition and Pronunciation
- Monte Cinto - Cinto, Monte Cinto, Monte , peak, 8,891 ft (2,710 m) high, NW Corsica, France, NW of Corte. It is ...
- Monte Bianco: meaning and definitions - Monte Bianco: Definition and Pronunciation
- Monte Corno - Corno, Monte Corno, Monte , highest peak of the Apennines, c.9,560 ft (2,910 m) high, in the Gran ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring