(The). Renwick Williams, a wretch who used to prowl about
London, wounding respectable women with a double-edged knife. He was
convicted of several offences in July, 1790.
The green-eyed monster.
Jealousy; so called by Shakespeare in Othello.
Beware of Jealousy!
It is a green-eyed monster that doth mock
The meat it feeds on.
Act iii. 3.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Monster from Infoplease:
- monsters and imaginary beasts - monsters and imaginary beasts. monsters and imaginary beasts. The mythologies and legends of ...
- The Monster Guide - Menacing Monster Guide by David Johnson The Monster Guide Abominable Snowman Banshees Chupacabras ...
- Godzilla - Leapin' Lizards! Does the Return of Godzilla Mean Anything Big? by Alicia Potter As any film ...
- Fact Monster's Writing Prompts - Write a story based on the Fact Monster writing prompts.|Write a story based on the prompts
- Fact Monster Mask - Cut out this Fact Monster mask and wear it on Halloween!