The town at the mouth of the Monnow.
The surname of Henry V. of England, who was born there.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Monmouth from Infoplease:
- Monmouth, city, United States - Monmouth Monmouth, city (1990 pop. 9,489), seat of Warren co., W Ill.; inc. 1852. Located in a farm ...
- Monmouth, town, Wales - Monmouth Monmouth, Welsh Trefynwy, town (1981 pop. 7,379), Monmouthshire, SE Wales, at the junction ...
- battle of Monmouth - Monmouth, battle of Monmouth, battle of, in the American Revolution, fought June 28, 1778, near the ...
- Monmouth: meaning and definitions - Monmouth: Definition and Pronunciation
- Geoffrey of Monmouth: meaning and definitions - Geoffrey of Monmouth: Definition and Pronunciation