(A). A mutual arrangement whereby persons not at the
time being on friendly terms can be induced to live together in
harmony. This may apply to individuals, to societies, or to peoples (as
the South Africans and the Boers).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Modus Vivendi from Infoplease:
- modus vivendi: meaning and definitions - modus vivendi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Modus Vivendi - Modus Vivendi (A). A mutual arrangement whereby persons not at the time being on friendly terms can ...
- colonization - colonization colonization, extension of political and economic control over an area by a state ...
- A Treaty of Peace - Fantastic Fables by Ambrose Bierce 75 - The Crew of the Life-boat The Nightside of Character - 77 A ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index mod modacrylic fiber modal modal auxiliary modality mode model modeling modelist ...