(4 syl.). Goddess of memory and mother of the nine Muses. (Classical mythology.) The best representation of this goddess is by
A. R. Mengs, the “Raphael of Germany” (1720-1779).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mnemosyne from Infoplease:
- Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne Mnemosyne , in Greek mythology, the personification of memory. She was a Titan, daughter ...
- Mnemosyne: meaning and definitions - Mnemosyne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne (4 syl.). Goddess of memory and mother of the nine Muses. (Classical mythology.) The best ...
- Classical Mythology: Tales Of The Titanic - Classical Mythology figures Gaia, Uranus, and Pontus, Titans, Hundred-Handed Giants Cottus, Briareus, and Gyges, and Cyclopes Brontes, Steropes, and Arges. Following are Titans and Titanesses sons and daughers.
- muse: meaning and definitions - muse: Definition and Pronunciation