Sister of Aude, surnamed “the Little Knight of Pearls,” in love
with Sir Miton de Rennes, Roland's friend. Charlemagne greeted her
after a tournament with the Saracens at Fronsac, saying, “Rise,
Countess of Rennes.” Mita and Sir Miton were the parents of Mitaine (q.v.). (Croquemitaine, xv.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mita from Infoplease:
- peonage - peonage peonage , system of involuntary servitude based on the indebtedness of the laborer (the ...
- mita - mita: mita: see peonage.
- Mita - Mita Sister of Aude, surnamed “the Little Knight of Pearls,” in love with Sir Miton de ...
- I Was Born, But... (Otona no miru ehon - Umarete wa mita keredo) - Starring Tatsuo Saito, Tomio Aoki, Mitsuko Yoshikawa, Hideo Sugawara, Takeshi Sakamoto
- repartimiento - repartimiento repartimiento , in Spanish colonial practice, usually, the distribution of indigenous ...