(Japan, mi, exalted; kado, gate), is not a title
of the emperor of Japan, but simply means the person who lives in the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mikado from Infoplease:
- mikado - mikado mikado , a former title of the emperor of Japan used chiefly in the English language.
- The Mikado - The Mikado Music: Arthur Sullivan Libretto: William S. Gilbert Premiere: London, March 14, 1885 ...
- mikado: meaning and definitions - mikado: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/mikado - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Mikado - Mikado (Japan, mi, exalted; kado, gate), is not a title of the emperor of Japan, but simply means ...