A cup; so called from the British masarn (maple); Dutch,
maeser. Like our copus-cups in Cambridge, and the loving-cup of
the London Corporation.
“A mazer wrought of the maple ware.” Spenser: Calendar (August).
`Bring bither,' he said, `the mazers four
My noble fathers loved of yore.'
Sir Walter Scott: Lord of the Isles.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mazer from Infoplease:
- mazer: meaning and definitions - mazer: Definition and Pronunciation
- Norma Fox Mazer - Biography of Norma Fox Mazer, Norma Fox Mazer was best known has a young-adult novelist who tackled such controversial adolescent issues as poverty, betrayal, abandonment…
- Mazer - Mazer A cup; so called from the British masarn (maple); Dutch, maeser. Like our copus-cups in ...
- mazard: meaning and definitions - mazard: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ender's Game IMAX - Starring Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford, Abigail Breslin, Ben Kingsley, Viola Davis
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring