(St.) (See under Summer.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Martin's Summer from Infoplease:
- Saint Martin's summer: meaning and definitions - Saint Martin's summer: Definition and Pronunciation
- Martin's Summer - Martin's Summer (St.) (See under Summer.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham ...
- Saint Martin, c.316–397, bishop of Tours - Martin, Saint Martin, Saint, c.316–397, bishop of Tours. Born a heathen in Pannonia (in ...
- Summer - Summer The second or autumnal summer, said to last thirty days, begins about the time that the sun ...
- William Shakespeare: Henry VI (Pt 1), Act I, Scene II - Mars his true moving, even as in the heavens So in the earth, to this day is not known: Late did he shine upon the English side; Now we are victors; u