(4 syl.). A very small Spanish coin, less than a farthing.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Maravedi from Infoplease:
- maravedi: meaning and definitions - maravedi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Maravedi - Maravedi (4 syl.). A very small Spanish coin, less than a farthing. Source: Dictionary of Phrase ...
- Marvedie - Marvedie (A). A maravedi (q.v.), a small obsolete Spanish copper coin of less value than a ...
- In What Distress Candide, Cunegund, and the Old Woman Arrive at Cadiz, and Of Their Embarkation - Candideby Voltaire What Happened to Cunegund, Ca... The History of the Old Woman In What Distress ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: M - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "M"