in Scandinavian mythology, is the abode of man. Vanirheim is
the abode of the Vanir. Jotunheim is the abode of the giants. Gladsheim
is the abode of Odin. Helheim is the abode of Hela (goddess of death).
Muspellheim is the abode of elemental fire. Niflheim is hell.
Svartalheim is the abode of the dwarfs.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Manheim from Infoplease:
- Camryn Manheim - Camryn Manheim actress Born: 3/8/1961 Birthplace: Caldwell, N.J. Though much of her work has been ...
- Manheim - Manheim in Scandinavian mythology, is the abode of man. Vanirheim is the abode of the Vanir. ...
- Jacob MARKELL - Jacob MARKELL (1770-1852) MARKELL, Jacob, (father of Henry Markell), a Representative from New ...
- Henry William Stiegel - Stiegel, Henry William Stiegel, Henry William , 1729–85, American iron and glass ...
- 1970 National Book Awards - 1970 National Book Awards Arts and Letters An Unfinished Woman: A Memoir, Lillian Hellman ...