(Bernard de). A licentious Deistical writer, author of The Virgin Unmasked, and Free Thoughts on Religion, in the
reign of George II.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mandeville from Infoplease:
- Mandeville: meaning and definitions - Mandeville: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bernard Mandeville - Mandeville, Bernard Mandeville, Bernard , 1670–1733, English author, b. Dordrecht, Holland. A ...
- Sir John Mandeville - Mandeville, Sir John Mandeville, Sir John, 14th-century English author of The Travels of Sir John ...
- Mandeville - Mandeville Mandeville , town (1991 pop. 39,945), C Jamaica, at an altitude of c.2,000 ft (610 m). ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/mandeville - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus