Man of Silence
(The). Napoleon III. (1808, 1852-70, died 1873.)
“France? You must know better than I you position with the Man of
Silence.” —For Sceptre and Crown, chap. i.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Man of Silence from Infoplease:
- Man of Silence - Man of Silence (The). Napoleon III. (1808, 1852-70, died 1873.) “France? You must know better ...
- 1 Timothy: 2 - I exhort therefore, that, first of all…
- Classical Mythology: The Little Rascal: Hermes - Greek God Hermes, son of Zeus and Maia.
- Napoleon III - Napoleon III Few men have had so many nicknames. MAN OF DECEMBER, so called because his coup detat ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: M - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "M"