Man of Destiny
(The). Napoleon I. (1761, 1804-1814, died 1821). He
looked on himself as an instrument in the hands of destiny.
“The Man of Destiny ... had power for a time to bind kings with
chains, and nobles with fetters of iron.” —Sir Walter Scott.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Man of Destiny from Infoplease:
- Man of Destiny: meaning and definitions - Man of Destiny: Definition and Pronunciation
- Man of Destiny - Man of Destiny (The). Napoleon I. (1761, 1804-1814, died 1821). He looked on himself as an ...
- Arnold Daly - Daly, Arnold Daly, Arnold , 1875–1927, American actor, b. Brooklyn, N.Y. He first appeared on ...
- Pathfinder - Starring Karl Urban, Russell Means, Moon Bloodgood, Jay Tavare, Clancy Brown
- Red Planet - Starring Val Kilmer, Carrie-Anne Moss, Benjamin Bratt, Tom Sizemore, Simon Baker