(William of). Eleventh century; author of numerous
chronicles. His Gesta Regum Anglorum is a resumé of
English history from the arrival of the English in 440 to the year
1120. His Historia Novella gives a retrospect of the reign of
Henry I., and terminates abruptly with the year 1143. His third work is
called Gesta Pontificum. All the three are included in the Scriptores post Bedam.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Malmesbury from Infoplease:
- William of Malmesbury: meaning and definitions - William of Malmesbury: Definition and Pronunciation
- Malmesbury - Malmesbury Malmesbury , town (1991 pop. 2,552), Wiltshire, S England. Agricultural and electrical ...
- William of Malmesbury - William of Malmesbury William of Malmesbury , c.1096–1143, English writer, monk of ...
- Malmesbury - Malmesbury (William of). Eleventh century; author of numerous chronicles. His Gesta Regum Anglorum ...
- Saint Aldhelm - Aldhelm, Saint Aldhelm, Saint , 639?–709, English churchman and scholar. He was abbot of ...