Chief or most important of a person's works. A literary man
says of his most renowned book it is his magnum opus.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Magnum Opus from Infoplease:
- magnum opus: meaning and definitions - magnum opus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Magnum Opus - Magnum Opus Chief or most important of a person's works. A literary man says of his most ...
- Stephen Jay Gould - Gould, Stephen Jay Gould, Stephen Jay, 1941–2002, American paleontologist and science writer, ...
- Hildegard of Bingen - Hildegard of Bingen Hildegard of Bingen , 1098–1179, German nun, mystic, composer, writer, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index M, m M-1 M-14 M-16 ma MAA ma'am ma-and-pa maar M.A.Arch. Maariv Maas Maasai ...