(To). To show signs of disappointment, disgust, or
“Squire Brown looked rather blue at having to pay 2 10s. for the
posting expenses from Oxford.” —Hughes: Tom Brown at Oxford.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Look Blue from Infoplease:
- Look Blue - Look Blue (To). To show signs of disappointment, disgust, or displeasure. “Squire Brown ...
- PLANET EARTH - Planet Earth is a dense, rocky ball about 7,920 miles (12,750 km) across. It is one of nine planets circling our local star, the Sun. Earth is the onl
- WATER - The simple combination of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom creates a water molecule (H2O). Water is the most common compound on Earth, making up
- Fourth Khanda - 1. To him the Vedas yield no more milk, he has no luck in what he has learnt (from his Guru); he does not know the path of virtue.
- PLANET EARTH - The rocky ball that forms our world is one of nine planets in the Solar System. Earth is a sphere, with a slight bulge in the middle at the Equator, a