Formerly the largest boat belonging to a ship, built so as to
carry a great weight. A long-boat is often from 30 to 40 feet long,
having a beam from 29 to 25 of its length. It has a heavy flat floor,
and is carvel built.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Longboat from Infoplease:
- longboat: meaning and definitions - longboat: Definition and Pronunciation
- Longboat - Longboat Formerly the largest boat belonging to a ship, built so as to carry a great weight. A ...
- Viking Explorer Quiz: 1 - Viking Explorer Quiz See How Much You Know About Viking Explorers Read more about Viking Explorers ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Liu Pang Liu Shaoqi Liuzhou livable live liveable live-action livebearer lived ...
- Rambo - Starring Sylvester Stallone, Julie Benz, Matthew Marsden, Paul Schulze, Graham McTavish