The examination held in the Cambridge University in the second
year of residence. Called also
“the previous examination,” because it precedes by a year the
examination for a degree. In Oxford the corresponding examination is
called The Smalls. (See Mods.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Little-Go from Infoplease:
- Little-Go - Little-Go The examination held in the Cambridge University in the second year of residence. Called ...
- Bunny - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Smalls - Smalls In for his smalls; Passed his smalls—his “Little-go,” or previous ...
- Great Go - Great Go A familiar term for a university examination for degrees: the “previous ...
- Go - Go (Anglo-Saxon, gan, ic ga, I go.) Here's a go or Here's a pretty go. Here's a mess or ...