A proud but lovely daughter of the race of man, beloved by
Rubi, first of the angel host. Her passion was the love of knowledge,
and she was captivated by all her lover told her of heaven and the
works of God. At last she requested Rubi to appear before her in all
his glory, and as she fell into his embrace was burnt to ashes by the
rays which issued from him. (Moore: Loves of the Angels, story
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Liris from Infoplease:
- Liri - Liri Liri , river, 98 mi (158 km) long, rising in the Apennines, in Latium, central Italy, and ...
- Liris - Liris A proud but lovely daughter of the race of man, beloved by Rubi, first of the angel host. Her ...
- Garigliano - Garigliano Garigliano , lower part of the Liri River, S central Italy, below its junction with the ...
- Minturnae - Minturnae Minturnae , ancient town of Latium, Italy, 7 mi (11.3 km) E of Formia. It was important ...
- Marcello Mastroianni - Mastroianni, Marcello Mastroianni, Marcello , 1924–96, Italian movie actor, b. Fontana Liri, ...