(The). Ellen Bright, who exhibited at Wombwell's
menagerie, was so called. She was killed by a tiger in 1880, at the age
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lion Tamer from Infoplease:
- Lion Tamer - Lion Tamer (The). Ellen Bright, who exhibited at Wombwell's menagerie, was so called. She was ...
- Carnival Magic - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Fast, Cheap & Out of Control - Starring Dave Hoover, Ray Mendez, Rodney Brooks
- Fast, Cheap and Out of Control - Fast, Cheap and Out of Control Director: Errol Morris Director of Photography: Robert Richardson ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: L - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "L"