Line of Beauty
according to Hogarth, is a curve thus. Mengs was of
the same opinion, but thought it should be more serpentine. Of course,
these fancies are not tenable, for the line which may be beautiful for
one object would be hideous in another. What would Hogarth have said to
a nose or mouth which followed his line of beauty?
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Line of Beauty from Infoplease:
- Line of Beauty - Line of Beauty according to Hogarth, is a curve thus. Mengs was of the same opinion, but thought it ...
- Champs Élysées - Champs Élysées Champs Élysées , avenue of Paris, France, leading from ...
- South Carolina: Geography - Geography South Carolina is roughly triangular in shape. The long, even coast lined with beautiful ...
- Man Booker Prize - Find the winners of the Man Booker Prize, Britain's most prestigious literary award. All awards, from 1969 to the present, are listed.
- THE VERMILION CLIFFS. - THE PHYSICAL GEOLOGY OF THE GRAND CAñON DISTRICT. By Clarence E. Dutton. THE TRIAS. THE ...