(Latin). Tit for tat; the law of retaliation.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lex Talionis from Infoplease:
- lex talionis: meaning and definitions - lex talionis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lex Talionis - Lex Talionis (Latin). Tit for tat; the law of retaliation. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, ...
- Zaleucus - Zaleucus Zaleucus , fl. c.650 B.C., Greek lawgiver of Locris, in Italy. According to tradition, his ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: L - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "L"
- The Koran/Sura II — The Cow - The greater part of this, the oldest of the Medina Suras, was revealed in the early part of the second year of the Hejira and previously to the battle