(a Stock Exchange term). Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway
Ordinary Stock. It is the Leeds line.
The Austrian Leeds.
Brunn, in Moravia, noted for its woollen cloth. So it was called in
the palmy days of Austria.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Leeds from Infoplease:
- University of Leeds - Leeds, University of Leeds, University of, at Leeds, England; established 1884 by the amalgamation ...
- Leeds: meaning and definitions - Leeds: Definition and Pronunciation
- Leeds - Leeds Leeds, city (1991 pop. 445,242) and metropolitan district, N central England, on the Aire ...
- Danby, Thomas Osborne, earl of - Danby, Thomas Osborne, earl of Danby, Thomas Osborne, earl of, 1631–1712, English statesman. ...
- Leeds, Thomas Osborne, 1st duke of - Leeds, Thomas Osborne, 1st duke of: Leeds, Thomas Osborne, 1st duke of: see Danby, Thomas Osborne, ...