Democritos of Abdera, who viewed with supreme contempt the
feeble powers of man. (B.C. 460-357.) (See Weeping Philosopher.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Laughing Philosopher from Infoplease:
- Democritus: meaning and definitions - Democritus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Laughing Philosopher - Laughing Philosopher Democritos of Abdera, who viewed with supreme contempt the feeble powers of ...
- Contentment is true Riches - Contentment is true Riches The wise saw of Democritos, the laughing philosopher. ( B.C. 509-400.) ...
- Abderitan Laughter - Abderitan Laughter Abderi′tan Scoffing laughter, incessant laughter. So called from Abdera, ...
- Democritos - Democritos The laughing philosopher of Abdera. He should rather be termed the deriding philosopher, ...