properly so called, terminated with Boethius, but continued to
be used in literary compositions and in the services of the church.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Latin Learning from Infoplease:
- Latin Learning - Latin Learning properly so called, terminated with Boethius, but continued to be used in literary ...
- Ireland - Information on Ireland — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Ireland - Ireland Profile: People and History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Foreign Relations, U.S.-Irish Relations
- 1995 Radio & Records All-Time Charts - 1995 Radio & Records All-Time Charts Adult Contemporary (AC) “Love Will Keep Us ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: L - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "L"