Any relish eaten with dry bread, as cheese, bacon, dried fish,
“A hungry heart wad scarce seek better kitchen to a barley scone.” —Sir W. Scott: The Pirate, chap. xi.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kitchen from Infoplease:
- kitchen - kitchen kitchen, separate room or other space set aside for the cooking or preparation of meals. ...
- kitchener: meaning and definitions - kitchener: Definition and Pronunciation
- kitchen garden: meaning and definitions - kitchen garden: Definition and Pronunciation
- kitchen midden - kitchen midden kitchen midden, refuse heap left by a prehistoric settlement; more specifically, a ...
- Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl - Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl , ...