The fulfilment of destiny. (Turkish, gismet, a lot.)
“The word kismet, which he scarcely comprehended before, seems
now to be fraught with ... [meaning]. This is kismet; this is the
fulfilment of destiny; this is to love.” —Nineteenth Century,
February, 1892, p. 209.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kismet from Infoplease:
- kismet: meaning and definitions - kismet: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kismet - Kismet The fulfilment of destiny. (Turkish, gismet, a lot.) “The word kismet, which he ...
- 1954 Tony Awards - 1954 Tony Awards Play The Teahouse of the August Moon Musical Kismet Actor—Play David Wayne, ...
- Alfred Drake - Drake, Alfred Drake, Alfred, 1914–92, American singer, actor, and director, b. New York City, ...
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Artificial intelligence gives machines the ability to solve a problem, such as recognizing a face, even when there is not enough information to solve