Killed by Kindness
It is said that Draco, the Athenian legislator, met with his
death from his popularity, being smothered in the theatre of Ægina; by
the number of caps and cloaks showered on him by the spectators (B.C.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Killed by Kindness from Infoplease:
- Killed by Kindness - Killed by Kindness It is said that Draco, the Athenian legislator, met with his death from his ...
- kill: meaning and definitions - kill: Definition and Pronunciation
- Thomas Heywood - Heywood, Thomas Heywood, Thomas, 1574?–1641, English dramatist. A prolific writer, he claimed ...
- Louisa M. Alcott: Emil's Thanksgiving - The Brenda was scudding along with all sail set to catch the rising wind, and everyone on board was rejoicing, for the long voyage was drawing towards
- Louisa May Alcott: Aunt March Settles the Question - Like bees swarming after their queen, mother and daughters hovered about Mr. March the next day, neglecting everything to look at, wait upon, and list