A corruption of Casimir, a man's name. A twilled woollen cloth
made in Abbeville, Amiens, Elbeuf, Louviers, Rheims, Sedan, and the
West of England. (French, casimir, Spanish casimiro or casimiras.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kerseymere from Infoplease:
- kerseymere: meaning and definitions - kerseymere: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kerseymere - Kerseymere A corruption of Casimir, a man's name. A twilled woollen cloth made in Abbeville, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index kehillah kei-apple Keifer keir keiretsu keister Keita Keitel Keitele Keith keitloa ...
- Mendoza - Mendoza (Daniel), the Jew. A prize-fighter who held the belt at the close of the last century, and ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: K - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "K"