—i.e. Khalmuiku (apostates) from Buddhism. A race of
western Monguls, extending from western China to the valley of the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kalmucks from Infoplease:
- Kalmuck: meaning and definitions - Kalmuck: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kalmucks - Kalmucks —i.e. Khalmuiku (apostates) from Buddhism. A race of western Monguls, extending from ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index K, k K2 kA Kaapstad kab Ka`ba kabab kabaka kabala Kabalevsky kabalistic Kabardian ...
- Walt Whitman: Salut au Monde!, Part 7 - I see the battle-fields of the earth, grass grows upon them and blossoms and corn, I see the tracks of ancient and modern expeditions.
- Abida - Abida A god of the Kalmucks, who receives the souls of the dead at the moment of decease, and gives ...