The Union of Kalmar. A treaty made on July 12th 1397, to settle
the succession of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark on Queen Margaret and her
heirs for ever. This treaty lasted only till the death of Margaret.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kalmar' from Infoplease:
- Kalmar Union - Kalmar Union Kalmar Union, combination of the three crowns of Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, effected ...
- Kalmar: meaning and definitions - Kalmar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kalmar Sound: meaning and definitions - Kalmar Sound: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kalmar - Kalmar Kalmar , city (1990 pop. 30,820), capital of Kalmar co. (1995 pop. 144,060), SE Sweden, on ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/kalmar - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus