In a jiffy. In a minute; in a brace of shakes; before you can
say “Jack Robinson.” (French, vif, vife.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jiffy from Infoplease:
- jiffy: meaning and definitions - jiffy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jiffy - Jiffy In a jiffy. In a minute; in a brace of shakes; before you can say “Jack ...
- jiffy - jiffy: n. 1. The duration of one tick of the system clock on your computer (see tick). Often one AC ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index jeon jeopard jeopardize jeopardous jeopardy Jephthah Jequié jequirity jer ...
- set: meaning and definitions - set: Definition and Pronunciation