called by Bacon jeutrompe, by Beaumont and Fletcher, jew-trump, by Hakluyt, jew's-harp. The best players on
this instrument have been Koch, a Prussian soldier under Frederick the
Great; Kunert, Amstein, and some others.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jew's-harp from Infoplease:
- jew's-harp - jew's-harp jew's-harp or jews'-harp,musical instrument of ancient lineage composed of a ...
- Jew's harp: meaning and definitions - Jew's harp: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jew's-harp - Jew's-harp called by Bacon jeutrompe, by Beaumont and Fletcher, jew-trump, by Hakluyt, ...
- jaw's-harp: meaning and definitions - jaw's-harp: Definition and Pronunciation
- George Henry Crumb - Crumb, George Henry Crumb, George Henry, 1929–, American composer, b. Charleston, W.Va., ...