A coachman, especially one who drives at a rattling pace.
“The watchman told, saying, ... The driving is like the driving of
Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously.” —2 Kings ix. 20.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jehu from Infoplease:
- Jehu - Jehu Jehu . 1. King of Israel. He was anointed king by Elisha, who led the revolt against the house ...
- Jehu: meaning and definitions - Jehu: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/jehu - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Jehu - Jehu A coachman, especially one who drives at a rattling pace. “The watchman told, saying, ...
- Companions of Jehu - Companions of Jehu The Chouans were so called, from a fanciful analogy between their self-imposed ...