(Baillie Nicol). A Glasgow magistrate in Scott's Rob
Roy. He is petulant, conceited, purse-proud, without tact, and
intensely prejudiced, but sincere and kind-hearted.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jarvie from Infoplease:
- Jarvis Island - Jarvis Island Jarvis Island, island, 1.7 sq mi (4.4 sq km), central Pacific, one of the Line ...
- John Wesley Jarvis - Jarvis, John Wesley Jarvis, John Wesley, 1781?–1839, American portrait painter, b. England. ...
- Raymond: meaning and definitions - Raymond: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jarvis Island - Map of Jarvis Island & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters, and current events.
- Nathaniel Jarvis Wyeth - Wyeth, Nathaniel Jarvis Wyeth, Nathaniel Jarvis, 1802–56, American explorer and trader in the ...