(The Marquis of). One of the skilful companions of
Barlow, the famous archer, was so christened by Henry VIII. (See Shoreditch, The Duke of.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Islington from Infoplease:
- Islington - Islington Islington , inner borough (1991 pop. 155,200) of Greater London, SE England. Islington, ...
- Islington: meaning and definitions - Islington: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/islington - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Islington - Islington (The Marquis of). One of the skilful companions of Barlow, the famous archer, was so ...
- Highgate - Highgate Highgate, residential area within Camden, Islington, and Haringey boroughs, London, ...