(The). The railway locomotive.
“We can now drive the iron horse from India down the valley of the
Irrawaddy, and (vid Moulmein) to the very gates of China,
without any political impediment.” —Mr. Hallet, Dec., 1885.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Iron Horse from Infoplease:
- iron horse: meaning and definitions - iron horse: Definition and Pronunciation
- Iron Horse - Iron Horse (The). The railway locomotive. “We can now drive the iron horse from India down ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Inuit Inuktitut inulase inulin inunction inundant inundate Inupiaq Inupik inurbane ...
- John Ford, American film director - Ford, John Ford, John, 1895–1973, American film director, b. Cape Elizabeth, Maine, as John ...
- Lou Gehrig - Gehrig, Lou Gehrig, Lou (Louis Gehrig), 1903–41, American baseball player, b. New York City. ...