One who runs between traders. One who sets up business, and by
so doing interferes with the actual or supposed rights of others.
(Dutch, loopen, to run, to leap.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Interloper from Infoplease:
- interlope: meaning and definitions - interlope: Definition and Pronunciation
- Interloper - Interloper One who runs between traders. One who sets up business, and by so doing interferes with ...
- We Live in Public - Starring Josh Harris, Tanya Corrin, Tom Harris, David Amron, Alex Arcadia
- Timothy Treadwell - Biography of Timothy Treadwell, Bear-loving mauling victim from the documentary Grizzly Man
- Dementia 13 - Starring William Campbell, Luana Anders, Bart Patton, Mary Mitchel, Patrick Magee