A king or royal prince of the ancient Peruvians. The empire of
the Incas was founded by Manco Capac.
“The Inca was a war-chief, elected by the Council to carry out its
decision.” —Brinton: The American Race (South American Tribes), part i. chap. ii. p. 211.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Inca from Infoplease:
- Topa Inca - Topa Inca Inca emperor Born: ? Birthplace: probably Cuzco, Peru Topa Inca, also known as Tupac Inca ...
- Inca - Inca Inca , pre-Columbian empire, W South America. The name Inca may specifically refer to the ...
- INCAS - The Inca people lived in the Andes mountains of Peru. Between the 12th century and 1532, they conquered an empire that was only 200 miles (320 km) wid
- Inca: meaning and definitions - Inca: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ecuador - Information on Ecuador — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.