At the very point of death. “In articulo mortis.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on In Extremis from Infoplease:
- in extremis: meaning and definitions - in extremis: Definition and Pronunciation
- In Extremis - In Extremis At the very point of death. “In articulo mortis.” Source: Dictionary of ...
- Passing Bell - Passing Bell (The). It now means the bell tolled to announce the death of one who has died in the ...
- Bell - Bell Acton, Currer, and Ellis. Assumed names of Anne, Charlotte, and Emily Brontë. Bell As the ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: I - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "I"