(3 syl.). The Himalay'a, The word means snow hills (hima,
The huge incumbrance of horriflc woods
From Asian Taurus, from imaus stretched
Athwart the roving Tartar's sullen bounds.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Imaus from Infoplease:
- Imaus - Imaus (3 syl.). The Himalay'a, The word means snow hills (hima, snow). The huge incumbrance of ...
- Venus - Venus Love; the goddess of love; courtship. Copper was called Venus by the alchemists. (See ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: I - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "I"
- John Milton - Paradise Lost: Book III - HAil holy light, ofspring of Heav'n first-born, Or of th' Eternal Coeternal beam May I express thee unblam'd? since God is light, And never but in una
- Time: Sunset. CHORUS OF GREE... - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley Dramatis Personae Note ...