The white cotton dress worn by Mohammedan pilgrims to Mecca,
For men, two scarfs, without seams or ornament of any kind, of
any material except silk; one scarf is folded round the loins, and the
other is thrown over the neck and shoulders, leaving the right arm
free; the head is uncovered. For women, an ample cloak,
enveloping the whole person.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ihram from Infoplease:
- ihram: meaning and definitions - ihram: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ihram - Ihram The white cotton dress worn by Mohammedan pilgrims to Mecca, For men, two scarfs, without ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index I, i -ia IAAF Iacocca IADB IAEA Iago -ial Ialysus IAMAW iamb iambic iambus Ian ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: I - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "I"
- The Koran/Sura V — The Table - In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful