A mountain in Attica, famous for its honey. (See Hybla.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hymettus from Infoplease:
- Hymettus - Hymettus Hymettus , Gr. Imittós, mountain range, E central Greece, in Attica, extending c.10 ...
- Hymettus: meaning and definitions - Hymettus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/hymettus - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Hymettus - Hymettus A mountain in Attica, famous for its honey. (See Hybla.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- The Bee and Jupiter - A Queen Bee from Hymettus flew up to Olympus with some fresh honey from the hive as a present to Jupiter, who was so pleased with the gift that he pro