A mountain in Attica, famous for its honey. (See Hybla.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hymettus from Infoplease:
- Hymettus - Hymettus Hymettus , Gr. Imittós, mountain range, E central Greece, in Attica, extending c.10 ...
- Hymettus: meaning and definitions - Hymettus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hymettus - Hymettus A mountain in Attica, famous for its honey. (See Hybla.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- The Bee and Jupiter - A Queen Bee from Hymettus flew up to Olympus with some fresh honey from the hive as a present to Jupiter, who was so pleased with the gift that he pro
- John Myers O'Hara: A Faun in Wall Street - What shape so furtive steals along the dim Bleak street, barren of throngs, this day of June; This day of rest, when all the roses swoon In Attic vale