An egg, a little deformed dwarf. Dumpty is a corruption of
dumpy (short and thick). A dump is a piece of lead used in
chuck-farthing. Humpty is having a hump or hunch. The two mean short,
thick, and round-shouldered.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Humpty Dumpty from Infoplease:
- Humpty Dumpty: meaning and definitions - Humpty Dumpty: Definition and Pronunciation
- Humpty Dumpty - Humpty Dumpty An egg, a little deformed dwarf. Dumpty is a corruption of dumpy (short and thick). A ...
- What does it mean? - rotund --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Who is rotund? Humpty Dumpty The ...
- Hank Thompson - Biography of Hank Thompson, Country singer who produced seven decades of songs fusing jazz, Western swing, and honky-tonk. He sold more than 60 million records, scored …
- Puss in Boots 3D - Starring Antonio Banderas, Zach Galifianakis, Salma Hayek, Billy Bob Thornton, Amy Sedaris